THE WAY I SEE IT....THOUGHTS FROM JOHN FULLERTON ON LIVING THE WAY OF JESUS

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Madagascar – Worship and Wheels Up (Day 19)


We went to worship this morning with Pastor TinaJonoa (literally the name Tina and John put together) in the capital city.  He started the church ten years ago and today the 800 members are about to celebrate the full opening of the church (pictured at left).  The only section that wasn’t quite ready was the pulpit area.  There was a makeshift pulpit area in place today.  I preached on the need for solidarity in the midst of people who were against us or oppress us.  I never mentioned it, but the thought of a hardline government was just below the surface.  As I said before, all is politically calm at the moment, but there is a capacity for that to change in a moment around here.  The service began at 9:00 am and ended at noon.   Three hours!  You St. Andrews folks, what do you think? Up for it? 

Afterward, we went to Pastor Laurent’s for a great lunch and then went back to the seminary to print our boarding passes.  I’m in the hotel room and waiting for Pastor Laurent to finish his worship service and pick us up. 

It has been a good trip.  I’ve thought about you often on the trip.  For reasons that will still be revealed over time, God has Kelly and me on this trip.  There will be a Mission Sunday on August 26 at St. Andrews.  The Costa Rica, Honduras, and Madagascar teams will sponsor the event.  We’ll probably have more thoughts about what God was up to then.  I’ve missed being home, of course.  I’m not sure how people who travel constantly do it.  I miss my wife, family, friends, and church family when I’m gone. 

Will post this, go to Pastor Laurent’s, and head for the airport about 11 pm.  It’s wheels up at 2:00 am.  Touchdown in Tampa Monday night at 8:30 pm.  Looking forward to being back with you.  Pray for our trip back. I prefer my travel uneventful and am praying for exactly that. 

Thinking of you. 

1 comment:

euty's gold said...

Godspeed, brothers! What a great trip. Your journal has been a constant encouragement to all... well done.